Friday, July 31, 2009

Pioneer Day '09




Yep! It's already that time of the year again. We go to the attic, find our 'pioneer attire'....hop in the van and drive to the church where we eat, socialize, look at the interesting booths and take a family picture! I love it! This year was just as fun as the last. My only regret was that I didn't hit the dessert table until the end....but even then there were still some tasty treats! I have to add that my husband looked so darn cute in his suspenders. (What a great hubby to dress up for me!) We brought our chicken ..(no, not to BBQ) to show the children there. ( I think she even enjoyed it! ) We went next door to Hurst Ranch and got to play with the water pump and pick whatever we wanted out of the huge garden! We brought back some tomatoes and the biggest cabbage I have ever seen! (I made cabbage-ham soup with it later for dinner and it was good!!!!) I love Pioneer Day!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I recently heard about Pioneer Day- we were going to go to the celebration in Lake Elsinore... but went to Rosas instead... I love how your ward always has fun activities!